Monday, March 22, 2010

singaporean guy discovered he kenna con into doing NS

Mr Lim Chin Choon, 35
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090927/a24-1.jpg
Mr Lim worked as a security officer for a while but had to quit due to the long hours, as he has to take care of his grandma. -- ST PHOTO: ALPHONSUS CHERN

Secondary 2 qualifications
He has sent out about 100 resumes to companies but has remained unemployed for four years. He had previously done data entry in a firm which folded.'I've sent out many resumes but the companies don't even reply. I even went for a course to be a security officer and passed it,' he said.
He did work as a security officer for a while, but quit because of the long hours.

'I live with my grandmother who is in her 90s, and I have to look after her, so I cannot be working too late at night,' said Mr Lim, who is single. His tight financial situation is cause for worry. His parents give him $10 at a time for necessities. 'I think the main things that employers look at when you go for interviews are your age and education level,' he said.

'I am willing to learn and work hard, but employers tell me they are looking for someone younger and with better qualifications.' He said he has gone to the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports as well as the Employment and Employability Institute for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Increase Page Rank