Sunday, November 21, 2010

another local male regret serving NS for nothing

Well I am not sure if there is a point in writing this because I am not sure if there is anyone from the government who will be reading this. But I guess for the record, I ‘ll just do it.

I am in my thirties and a PMET. I worked for a local company for 6 years as a Software Engineer. Recently, the boss started to hire Foreign ‘Talent’ from the Philippines and India. Rumour has it that they are employed because they are ‘cheap’.

My point is they are just ordinary workers, who need guidance from local staff, doing ordinary jobs that Singaporean PMETs can do. There were locals came in for interviews but in the end those foreigners are selected by the boss. And mind you the IT Manager who decides who to hire is also a foreigner himself.

Everyone in the office agreed that these so-called ‘talented’ foreigners are sloppy in their job but they are excellent ‘balls lickers’. They work hard only when the boss is around.

Unfortunately, the company financial situation got worsen and the big boss decided to let go some staff in order to save money. Guess what? The first batch consist of Singaporeans only while those foreigners are retained. They are cheap I guess.

And that was last April. Till now I have yet to find a job. It has been 8 months and I am living on loans to survive. Both my parents were warded in the hospital for few months recently and I am now paying the huge debts incurred due to the hospitalisation. Mum got a stroke which rendered her immobile and Dad got a heart attack. All this happened when I am unemployed.

HDB arrears are getting bigger and CPF was unable to deduct from my OA for the compulsory HPS insurance. There are no more money left in my OA. On top of that, we have to eat and there is a little girl aged 4 years old staying with me.

Things are getting out of control and I was under depression state because of this. I have lost count numbers of resumes sent to companies but there are no response from any of them. IT industry as we all know gets competition from foreigners all over the world. Besides I am in my late 30s.

Out of desperation, I sent an email to my MP asking for assistance in job employment and two months later, I have yet to receive his reply besides the one and only auto-reply.

I got frustrated to the point of feeling ‘hatred’ towards foreigners when I see them laughing and talking loudly among their colleagues in public places while me, a true-blooded local born Singaporeans who has served NS are struggling to make ends meet. Where do I get the money for my mum’s next therapy session? For my dad’s next appt at the hospital. For the meals? Where?

Do I have the right to vote my MP out in the next GE? If not, what right do I have as a Singaporeans?

.

Allan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Increase Page Rank